Our client, an international logistics provider, Top 10 company with an excellent reputation, is looking for an Ocean Freight Trade Lane Manager, located in Rotterdam. The Ocean Freight Trade Lane Manager is responsible for the Ocean Freight development of specific trade lanes, including procurement and pricing. You wil act as a primary contact for sales counterparts on the specific trades.
In this interesting and challenging position you will take care of negotiations with container carriers and other subcontractors, to obtain best the possible buying conditions for the business. The position acts as focal point between Sales, the Corporate Ocean department in Germany and the Dutch team with regard to communication about carrier choice, terms and operational carrier agreements.
- Propose and reach agreement on objectives and strategies for respective trade lane market development
- Co-ownership of master trade lande business plans; in alignment with counterparts overseas and corporate ocean freight trade lane team. Plan, break down and follow up on master trade lane buisness pland of own Country in cooperation with counterpart overseas and in alignment with Country Trade Lane Management.
- Responsibility for achivement of annual trade lane targets; Volume and GP.
- Primary Trade Ocean Freight contact and responsible to grow the volume in ocean an a specific trade lane. Supports Sales team with specific trade know how.
- Promotion and marketing of ocean freight services to/from respective trade lane in alignment with local sales organization.
- Coordonation of Ocean Freight trade lane pricing policies with Country Head of Marketing and Sales to support market competitive minimum selling rates ( MSR’s) in order to steer and improve pro-actively;
- Capacity and allocation management
- Optimal cost/benefit sales
- Pricing review with Tender Management
- Execute local procurement of ocean freight (ad hoc or long term) in liaison with the Corporate Ocean FCL department in Hamburg within agreed authority levels;
- Reguraly monitor trade lane performance and service activities connected on area level and come up with improvements or corrective actions.
As Ocean Freight Trade Lane Manager you will:
- Maintain close contact with local carriers;
- Manage local allocations (optimize capacity/cost of sales) within the Area Carrier Policy and adjust capacity in line with volume developments;
- Monitor and follow up MSPP for the Area and align MSPP with ACP and best buying terms;
- Monitor and report on Business Unit-compliance to ACP, MSPP, and CLM guidelines;
- Monitor carrier and vendor performance as per Service Level Agreement (e.g. transit-, ATS/ATA, document performance, correct & timely invoicing);
- Provide up-to-date information on the ocean freight product and market developments to the marketing & sales department (pricing, market-updates and promotion material) and the Business Unit operations;
- Observe and advise on all general – global Maritime and Corporate rules and regulations based on IMS and applicable SOPs and Standard & Governance guidelines;
- Maintain and distribute agreed product statistics (Pantrace Ocean performance, FMC filing compliance, Carrier performance, etc);
- Provide technical knowledge towards the Business Units and the Marketing & Sales department when complex ad-hoc ocean freight expertise is required aswell on use and input in GT Nexus pricing tool;
- Update tariffs & local charges;
- File and/or monitor local buying rates
To be a succesful candidate, you must possess:
- Knowledge of FMC (Federal Maritime Commission) rules and regulations
- Functional know how in ocean freight
- In-depth trade lane knowledge “of the respective trade lanes”
- Deep understandig of Ocean Freight strategy and products
- Deep market knowledge ( customers, competitors, suppliers, overall enviroment )
- Good understanding of NVOCC operations incl. applicable rules
- Procurement experience including service contracts
- Good knowledge of local laws and regulations, experiences in legal matters and claim handling.
Are you a dedicated and entrepreneurial ocean freight specialist looking for a new challenge?
Be in touch with us a.s.a.p.! Call Jan Gajentaan gsm +31 6 81934543 or use contact form hereunder.
<< Previous Next >>
<< Go back to list